Monday, October 1, 2012

Rainy day Repaint PRACTICE!

So, after working on both of the repaints I am going to show you I think I prefer re-painting male dolls. They just aren't so HIGH MAINTENANCE. 

(^_^) (...I'm totally high maintenance.)

Dolls WERE harmed in the making of this blog post. 

First victim was my crazy eyed model #4 from the Barbie Basics Jean collection...

Let's see what horrors befell her...

GIANT eyes and screwy lashes....eek! 

Keeping in mind that I tried to keep some of her original paint intact (hence the heavy upper lid liner) because I liked the eyeshadow. My best guess is that a complete erase is in order. 

I re-paint SO little that I am amazed she looks sorta okay, just not what I was after. 
 
 
 Next...

VICTIM #2, in my opinion, was a COMPLETE success! (^_^)

Formerly an "Acheron" doll by Integrity....


If you don't know what he looked like before, here is a link.
I completely spaced taking a "before" of him. 

His eyes were re-painted, the red streaks were removed, and I erased his dreadful facial hair. 

Oh, and I renamed him "Adonis". 
His place in my collection is now permanent. 
(^_^)

So, that has been my rainy day....

Not sure what I am going to get into next....


*hugs to each of you* 

-Cat of A Doll Affinity

18 comments:

  1. I love your male repaint. So handsome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Veda! (^_^) He was 2nd so I got warmed up a bit before I started him. lol (^_^)

      Delete
  2. OMG, the Acheron is a male grail for me. Bravo, Kat...he looks AMAZING!!!!!!!! They both do, actually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracy! I need a second one for his body. lol I'm going to make my Edward Ken a hunk, because right now he just looks sparkly and lame. (^_^)

      Delete
  3. Hi Cat :)
    The first repaint you showed isn't so bad. She looks like a Korean girl. Adonis is WONDERFUL!! WOW!!! I like him much now than his previous look!! I'd love to have bunches of Integrity men in my collection!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being sweet Sergio. I wish she would have looked like a Korean girl. (^_^) It is okay though because I gave her a full re-re-paint. lol And I LOVE the Integrity male dolls!!! I have around 11. They burn holes in my pockets!!!

      Delete
  4. Hey, Adonis looks like a Hunk now, i love your painting on both dolls...you are very talented.
    Hugs
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria!! (^_^) I really love his new look too. *hugs*

      Delete
  5. Adonis is hot! You did pretty good on the first one as well IMO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you girlie!! (^_^) The gals are fighting over him. lol

      Delete
  6. Looking good honey. Man Acheron's facial hair WAS a mess. Ashton Drake/Integrity could have done a much better job with those two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dani! Yeah...I HATE the facial hair Integrity does. It looks generic and gross. lol

      Delete
  7. The first one reminds me a manga cartoon, not too bad, but not a Barbie style. The second one is pretty good!! I like it! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Acerico! I totally agree. Thank you for being honest! (^_^) *hugs*

      Delete
  8. Hello from Spain: this kid integrity collection is very attractive. You do great work. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gah! They both look superb! I'm still diving into the world of re-painting, so this just blows me away. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Verona. The world of re-painting is scary. lol I'm still trying to wrap my head around the smaller concepts. (^_^) You just gotta learn to laugh at your mistakes and keep at it. *hugs*

      Delete